Thorpe Wood Driving Range and Practice Area
The Thorpe Wood Driving Range is the perfect starting point for a beginner to learn the fundamentals of the game or for a more experienced player to hone their skills. Our covered, floodlit 16-bay range has your practice covered, day and night, whatever the weather. The range is a fantastic way to get into golf, anyone can come along and give it a go.
Since the pandemic we have altered the way we operate the Driving Range, we now have a dedicated member of staff on hand to welcome you to the range and answer any questions you may have.
The addition of high quality white Srixon 2-piece balls and realistic, contoured outfield means practice time is enjoyable as well as useful.
We also have an area designated for short game practice so you can practice the all-important score saving shots. In addition there is a large putting green by the 1st tee and another chipping green by the 10th tee.
Rates & Info
|Range Ball Prices|
|Club Hire||£2 per club|
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently not accepting cash. Credit or debit card payments only.
Click Here to view our Christmas 2023 opening times!
|Mon – Fri||09.00 – 21:00|
|Sat||09.00 – 19:00|
|Sun||08:00 – 18:00|
|Bank Holidays||09.00 – 18:00|
Health & Safety & Information
For the safety and enjoyment of all persons using the range, we ask the following rules are adhered to:
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted on the range.
- Please do not cross the boundary from the bays to the range.
- Practice must be done on the mats, please do not move them.
- Trolleys are not permitted on the range.
- Children under the age of 14 must be supervised at all time.
- Children under 10 are not permitted to use the upstairs bays.
- Removal or retrieval of range balls is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Please be aware of other range users and act in a manner that befits a family environment.
- Only one person per bay at all times
- Please do not congregate in the Driving Range reception or around the bays
- Players play at their own risk
- Please do not hit balls towards the course
Frequently Asked Questions
No, booking is not necessary, although evenings do get busy, bays are used on a first come first serve basis.
We hire out clubs, but only have irons available. Our stock is limited and these are on a first come first serve basis, if you are looking to purchase clubs please visit the on-site American Golf Store.
We recommend if you are planning on bringing a large group, you call us in advance to make sure this is OK. Group lessons are a great way for everyone to learn together.